ingredientsYields 4 Serving(s)
|Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs #91200||3/4 cup(s)
|pancetta, sliced into strips||2 oz.
|kosher salt||1 tsp.
|butter, sliced into 1 Tbs pieces||4 Tbs.
|sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded||4 oz.
|garlic, finely minced||1/2 oz.
|ground cayenne pepper|| to taste
Serve as a side dish to chicken, pork or fish or as an entrée
- Daypart suggestion: lunch or dinner
- 1.Heat sauté pan over medium to high heat. Add pancetta and fry until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on paper towels. Once cool, break into pieces.
- 2.In medium saucepan, combine water and salt. Bring to heavy boil over high heat.
- 3.Stir in grits with whisk. Reduce heat to medium. Stirring constantly, cook about 10 minutes, or until all water is absorbed.
- 4.Stir in butter 1 Tbs. at a time.
- 5.Stir in eggs quickly. Blend thoroughly, before eggs are fully cooked, about 1 ½-2 minutes.
- 6.Stir in cheese and garlic.
- 7.Add cayenne pepper to taste.
- 8.To serve, spoon 1 cup of hot grits into bowl. Top with 0.50 oz. pancetta.
- Serving Size (g)
- Servings Per Container 300
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 410 Calories from Fat 280
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 31g 48%
- Saturated Fat 17g 85%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 230mg 77%
- Sodium 970mg 40%
Total Carbohydrate 17g 6%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 17g
|Vitamin A 20%||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 30%||Iron 50%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|