ingredientsYields 1 (1 1/2 CUPS) Serving(s)
|Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs #91200||3/4 cup(s)
|sugar, white granulated||3/4 cup(s)
|fresh lemon juice||1/3 (Note: Do not use bottled lemon juice) cup(s)
|unsalted butter, room temperature||4 Tbs.
|lemon zest, finely shredded||1 Tbs.
- Serve over fresh berries or pound cake.
- Daypart suggestion: breakfast through dinner.
- 1.In stainless steel bowl placed over saucepan of simmering water, whisk together eggs, sugar, and lemon juice until blended.
- 2.Cook, stirring constantly to prevent curdling, until mixture thickens to a consistency like sour cream or hollandaise sauce and reaches a temperature of 160° F. This will take approximately 10 minutes.
- 3.Remove from heat and immediately pour through fine strainer to remove any lumps.
- 4.Cut butter into small pieces and whisk into the mixture until the butter has melted.
- 5.Add lemon zest and let cool. The lemon cream will continue to thicken as it cools.
- 6.Cover immediately so skin doesn’t form on surface. Refrigerate for up to 1 week.
- Serving Size (g)
- Servings Per Container 479
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 1270 Calories from Fat 560
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 63g 97%
- Saturated Fat 35g 175%
- Trans Fat 1.5g
- Cholesterol 805mg 268%
- Sodium 270mg 11%
Total Carbohydrate 160g 53%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 153g
- Protein 25g
|Vitamin A 50%||Vitamin C 60%|
|Calcium 15%||Iron 20%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|