ingredientsYields 4 Serving(s)
|Papetti's® Table Ready® Hard Cooked Eggs #85018||4
|Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Traditional Scrambled Egg Mix #15088||1/2 cup(s)
|breakfast sausage, raw||1/2 lb(s).
|ground cumin, divided||1/4 tsp.
|paprika, divided||3/4 tsp.
|chili powder, divided||1 1/4 tsp.
|all-purpose flour||1 cup(s)
|tortilla chips, crushed||1 cup(s)
Serve with salsa, chipotle mayonnaise or queso cheese sauce
Daypart suggestion: appetizer through late night snack
- 1.Preheat deep fryer to 350°F.
- 2.In medium mixing bowl, combine sausage with 1/8 tsp. cumin, 1/2 tsp. paprika, and 1 tsp. chili powder. Mix to fully incorporate.
- 3.Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions. Wrap 1 portion around each hard-cooked egg to fully encase. Set aside.
- 4.In small bowl, combine flour with remaining 1/8 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. paprika and 1/4 tsp. chili powder.
- 5.In second bowl, combine liquid scrambled eggs and water. Mix to thoroughly combine.
- 6.In third bowl, combine crushed tortilla chips with 1 Tbs. spiced flour mixture.
- 7.Dredge each sausage-encased egg in flour, then egg wash, then crushed tortilla chips.
- 8.Immediately place eggs in hot deep fryer. Cook 4-6 minutes, or until breading is golden and egg is heated to minimum internal temperature of 165°F.
- 9.Serve immediately.
- Serving Size (g)
- Servings Per Container 187
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 570 Calories from Fat 350
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 39g 60%
- Saturated Fat 9g 45%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 285mg 95%
- Sodium 510mg 21%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 1g
- Protein 22g
|Vitamin A 15%||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 6%||Iron 15%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|