ingredientsYields 4 Serving(s)
|Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Egg Whites #91820||1/4 cup(s)
|salmon fillet, small-diced||8 oz.
|unsalted butter||2 Tbs.
|fresh parsley, chopped||1 1/2 tsp.
|fresh chives, chopped||1 1/2 tsp.
|fresh dill, chopped||1 1/2 tsp.
|ground nutmeg||1/8 tsp.
|black pepper, finely ground||1/8 tsp.
|lemon juice||1/2 tsp.
|heavy cream||8 Tbs.
Serve on crostini with herb garnishes
Daypart suggestion: appetizer, or as an entreé salad for lunch or dinner
- 1.Preheat steamer.
- 2.In chilled bowl of food processor, combine salmon, egg whites, butter, parsley, chives, dill, nutmeg, pepper, salt and lemon juice. Pulse about 1 minute, or until mixture is a fine paste. Scrape sides.
- 3.Gradually add cream, 1 Tbs. at a time, until mixture forms smooth, emulsified paste.
- 4.To test mousseline for seasoning and texture, bring small pan of water to boil. Drop small ball of about 2 tsp. of batter into water. Poach until it rises to surface. Taste. As necessary, add more cream or seasoning.
- 5.When flavor and texture are acceptable, chill mousseline for 10 minutes.
- 6.Cut 15-20” sheet of plastic wrap; lay flat on counter. Add additional sheet to create double layer. With rubber spatula, arrange mousseline in center of wrap, creating one uniform cylinder. Mousseline should be 1 ½–2” in diameter and approximately 8” long. Tightly roll plastic wrap around mousseline. Twist ends of plastic wrap. Tie each end with butcher twine or string.
- 7.Cook 15-20 minutes, or until mousseline is cooked through.
- 8.Remove from steamer. Unwrap.
- 9.Cut mousseline into 16 slices, about ½” thickness.
- 10.Serve 4 slices warm or cold.
- Serving Size (g)
- Servings Per Container 110
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 270 Calories from Fat 190
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 22g 34%
- Saturated Fat 11g 55%
- Trans Fat 0.5g
- Cholesterol 95mg 32%
- Sodium 310mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 1g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sugars 0g
- Protein 17g
|Vitamin A 15%||Vitamin C 2%|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 4%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|