ingredientsYields 20 Serving(s)
|Simply Potatoes® Sweet Potato Mashed #17700||8 oz.
|Papetti's® Easy Eggs® Liquid Whole Eggs #91200||1 cup(s)
|all-purpose flour||2 3/4 cup(s)
|ground cinnamon||2 tsp.
|ground ginger||1 1/4 tsp.
|baking powder||1 tsp.
|carrot puree||8 oz.
|granulated sugar||2 cup(s)
|vegetable oil||1 cup(s)
|vanilla extract||1 tsp.
|Cooking Spray as needed
|brown sugar icing||2 cup(s)
- Serve with whipped cream or cinnamon ice cream
- Daypart suggestion: dessert or snack
- 1.Preheat oven to 325° F.
- 2.Sift flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda and salt into medium bowl.
- 3.In separate medium bowl, combine mashed sweet potatoes and carrot purée.
- 4.Add sugar and oil to sweet potato mixture. Beat on medium speed until smooth.
- 5.Add liquid eggs and vanilla to sweet potato mixture. Beat to combine.
- 6.Add flour mixture into sweet potato mixture. Stir to thoroughly mix.
- 7.Spray two 9" round cake pans with cooking spray. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- 8.Place pans in oven. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until tester inserted near center comes out clean.
- 9.Remove cakes from oven. Cool in cake pans on rack 15 minutes. Cut around sides of pans and turn cakes onto rack. Cool completely.
- 10.Spoon icing over cakes, using spatula to spread evenly. Allow icing to drip down sides. Let cakes stand until icing is firm, before serving.
- Serving Size (g)
- Servings Per Container 103
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 350 Calories from Fat 140
- % Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
- Saturated Fat 4.5g 23%
- Trans Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 55mg 18%
- Sodium 115mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 48g 16%
- Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
- Sugars 33g
- Protein 4g
|Vitamin A 40%||Vitamin C 0%|
|Calcium 4%||Iron 8%|
|*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:|